1. To use Google Maps to get useful information for planning
2. To create a personalised map
(a) Using Google Maps: For beginners, watch the following videoclip before getting started
Source: Google. (2009, December 06). Introduction to Google Maps Singapore with Traffic & Transit [video file]. Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec1_G2xGxHA
- Find out what is a "Google Maps" from wikipedia: Google Maps
- Google Maps Singapore: http://maps.google.com.sg/
- Click HERE to access Google Maps Help Page
Your Task 2a
1. Using Google Maps, find out the suggested route(s) from your home to SST (check out the new campus at 1 Technology Drive).
2. Apart from the suggested routes, what other information does Google Maps provide that helps you plan your journey to school?
3. How useful and reliable do you think are the information that Google Maps provide?
(b) Personalising Google maps: For beginners, watch the following videoclip before getting started
Source: Google. (2009, December 06). How to create a "My Map" in Google Maps [video file]. Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TftFnot5uXw
Your Task 2b
1. Using Google Maps, create a map on ONE of the following:
- (a) Some places that you been to, in Singapore, during this school vacation; or
- (b) Some places that you been to overseas
- At least 3 landmarks/places marked on the map.
- For each landmark/place, there should be at least one image and a brief description.
Here's a an example of how your personalised map will look like when embedded in the post.
View Some Places in a larger map
Something to Ponder...
- If the map were to reflect several places to be visited in a day, how do we enhance the personalised map so that it could be used like an itinerary?
- How could two or more of us collaborate on the same map?
If you need to clarify anything about this task, or need help to complete the above, enter the questions under "COMMENTS". Remember to sign off with your name so that we can respond accordingly. Anonymous questions will not be entertained.
Enquiry 1: Embedding Map in Blog Post
- How to use Google Maps to map out the routes for than 2 locations?
- How different are the suggested routes for Location A to Location B, and vice versa?