The Science Department is launching the 2012 Science Lecture Series for Sec 3 students this week.
To kickstart the series, we are proud to have Dr Christopher Slatter (Subject Head, Chemistry) to deliver a lecture entitled The Chemistry of Love.
Synopsis: The Chemistry of Love - Rated PG
People involved in a loving relationship are often said to have a certain "Chemistry", but does a loving relationship really involve molecules and chemical reactions? It certainly does! In the first SST Science Lecture of the year we will discover the role that Chemistry - with a little help from Biology, Mathematics and Psychology - has to play in the human emotion called "Love."
The presentation will cover:
- + The Chemistry of men - testosterone.
- + The Chemistry of women - oestrogens.
- + The Mathematics of beauty.
- + Pheromones - the smell of love.
- + The colour of love.
- + Love as a drug - the central nervous system.
- + Addicted to love.
- + The Mathematics of dating.
- Dates: 9 Feb (Thur), 14 Feb (Tues)
- Time: 1430-1530h
- Venue: Lecture Room
- Maximum number of participants: 100
Interested students who do not have formal lessons, Support Class or CCA on these days, are welcome to attend the lecture.
Click HERE to register.